Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
- Civil rights. 15
- Records (Documents). 15
- Brochures. 10
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 9
- Newsletters. 9
- Periodicals. 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 8
- Race relations. 8
- Books. 7
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 7
- Speech. 7
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 6
- Albums (Books). 6
- Awards. 6
- Certificates. 6
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 6 + ∧ less
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Falk, Leslie A (Leslie Alan), 1915- 1
- Faulkner, Leesha 1 + ∧ less