Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Dates: circa 1964
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Civil rights. 3
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Speech. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Audiocassettes. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1