Showing Collections: 1 - 27 of 27
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Documents and scrapbook belonging to John E. Guier, Jr. of Fairhope, AL. It contains various newspaper clippings, cards, postcards, photographs, letters, religious materials, etc.
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Jay Higginbotham. Items range from such things as personal correspondence to biographical information to his list of works.
Items related to Ann Mulloy Ashmore and her experiences as chair of the Oklahoma IWY Coordination Committee. Marjorie Spruill Wheeler at The University of Southern Mississippi conducted her oral history for inclusion of her book: Divided We Stand: The Battle over Women’s Rights and Family Values that Polarized American Politics.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Correspondence, photographs, memorabilia, genealogical materials.
This collection includes records of Orpheus Club activities from 1926 to 1986.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and information about the Keesler family.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Political memorabilia, research collections, personal and family materials of a historian and student of state, national, and international politics.
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
- Photographs. 26
- Memorabilia. 18
- Records (Documents). 17
- Albums (Books). 13
- Programs (Publications). 13
- Financial documents. 11
- Periodicals. 11
- Brochures. 9
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Postcards. 9
- Speech. 9
- Awards. 8
- Certificates. 8
- Political campaigns. 8
- Invitation cards. 7
- Newsletters. 7
- Newspapers. 7 + ∧ less
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- Mississippi University for Women.. MSCW. MUW (1884-) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Higginbotham, Jay (Prieur Jay), 1937- 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1 + ∧ less