Showing Collections: 91 - 105 of 105
Maymie Pitts Tomicich Yearbook
Copy of the 1924 "Pine Burr", the yearbook of Mississippi Woman's College (now William Carey College) in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, which belonged to Mrs. Maymie Pitts Tomicich, who added photographs, newspaper clippings, and handwriten notes.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
United Daughters of the Confederacy, Nathan Bedford Forrest Chapter Records
United States Forest Service, Harrison Experimental Forest Station Collection
Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
Benjamin O. Van Hook Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of B. O. Van Hook, former math instructor and golf coach at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Ernest A. Walen Collection
This is a collection of documents collected by Ernest A. Walen of Longmeadow, Massachusetts. The collection contains original letters, orders, printed material, official documents, photographs, newspaper clippings, prints, etc. covering the 19th Century with an emphasis on American Civil War materials and some 20th Century materials concerning the Civil War. Most of the material on the Civil War concerns the Confederacy, with some Federal documents included.
William H. and Sallie J. Hardy Papers
Letters written during the Civil War from Hardy to his first wife Sallie Ann Johnson Hardy, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other family materials.
Howard S. Williams Papers
Documentation of his career as a traveling preacher.
G.D. Williamson Papers
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Helen Fields Woullard Collection
This collection primarily contains materials concerning a Black History celebration that was held on February 18, 2001. The celebration commemorated the life and legacy of the late Mrs. Helen Fields Woullard. The collection includes a speech and leaflet from the celebration, and two newspaper articles announcing the event. Other materials relate to a scholarship foundation that was established in her honor.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Records (Documents). 67
- Memorabilia. 45
- Programs (Publications). 39
- Brochures. 37
- Periodicals. 37
- Albums (Books). 36
- Financial documents. 36
- Newsletters. 33
- Greeting cards. 26
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 26
- Speech. 25
- Postcards. 23
- Books. 22
- Manuscript. 22
- Fliers (Ephemera). 21
- Awards. 20
- Clubs. 20 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 2
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 2
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 2 + ∧ less