Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 4
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 4
- Civil rights. 3
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- Periodicals. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. 2
- Newspapers. 2
- Posters. 2
- Speech. 2 + ∧ less
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1