Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Emilye Crosby Civil Rights Collection (AM18-05)
Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Margaret Jo Hazelton Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Umoja Kwanguvu Freedom Summer Collection
Photographs and personal reminiscences of his experiences as a Freedom School teacher in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer 1964.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dr. J. Roy Valencourt Papers
Primarily photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and Dr. J. Roy Valencourt's participation.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Zoya Zeman Freedom Summer Collection
Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 10
- Letter. 9
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 9
- Photographs. 8
- Records (Documents). 8
- Civil rights. 7
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Periodicals. 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 5
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Map. 4
- Posters. 4
- Calendar. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Minutes (Records). 3 + ∧ less
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 1
- Crosby, Emilye 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Kwanguvu, Umoja, 1925-2001 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Valencourt, J. Roy, Dr. (James Roy), 1927-2004 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1 + ∧ less