Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Ray L. Bellande Papers
Copies of this Ocean Springs Record columnist's "Sous Les Chenes", "Images Under the Oaks" and “Vintage Village Vues” columns, and related research materials.
William M. Colmer Papers
Kathleen Dahl Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Leslie A. Falk African American History Research Collection
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
Bertha M. Fritzsche Collection
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
Charles F. Heartman Papers
John Howard Research Collection
Materials gathered by John Howard during his research of the history of the Choral Department at USM for his dissertation.
A small section of the materials are photocopies of newspaper clippings and brochures. The remaining section of the materials are original brochures and a photograph of Jack Donovan, Choral Conductor at USM from 1964-84.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Maude Leet Prenshaw Papers
Shemper Family Genealogy Project
The Shemper Family Genealogy Project consists of a school project organized by David Shemper in 1996 that details the history of the Shemper family of Hattiesburg. This collection is of particular interest to those studying local history, Jewish people in the South, and genealogy.
Rose Budd Stevens Papers
Roy M. Wheat Papers
Correspondence, video, other materials documenting the life and early death in the Vietnam War of this Congressional Medal of Honor winner.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
- Letter. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Financial documents. 8
- Certificates. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Memorabilia. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Clubs. 5
- Essay. 5
- Manuscript. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Speech. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 5
- Awards. 4
- Books. 4
- Civil rights. 4
- Dissertations, Academic. 4 + ∧ less
- Bellande, Ray L., 1943- 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Falk, Leslie A (Leslie Alan), 1915- 1
- Fritzsche, Bertha Maude, 1901-1990 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Ransom, John Crowe, 1888-1974 1
- Shemper Family (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- Shemper, David 1
- Stevens, Rose Budd (pen name for Mamie Davis Willoughby) 1 + ∧ less