Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Frank D. Barber Papers
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
C.H. Blanton, Jr. Scrapbooks
Documenting the life and civic service of long-time Durant, Mississippi mayor.
William M. Colmer Papers
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Kelly James Hammond Papers
Carroll Ingram Papers
The collection contains various paper material such as correspondence, copied newspaper articles, copied photographs, several publications, and material on President Jimmy Carter’s inauguration.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
John Elliott Rankin Collection
Letters, speeches, publications of Mississippi Congressman Rankin.
Gene D. Saucier Papers
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
G.D. Williamson Papers
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Letter. 12
- Photographs. 12
- Records (Documents). 10
- Albums (Books). 9
- Memorabilia. 8
- Political campaigns. 8
- Speech. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 8
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 7
- Awards. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Greeting cards. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Financial documents. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Government publications. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Legislators -- United States. 4 + ∧ less
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 3
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Carter, Jimmy, Jr., 39th President of the United States (James Earl), 1924- 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Hammond, Kelly James, 1901-1960 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Ingram, Carroll H. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Mondale, Walter F., Walter Frederick "Fritz", 42nd Vice President of the United States, 1928- 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Rankin, John E., Congressman (John Elliott), 1882-1960 1 + ∧ less