Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Dates: circa 1950-2001
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
- Church bulletins. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 2
- Invitation cards. 2
- Lieutenant governors -- Mississippi. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Newsletters. 2
- Political campaigns. 2 + ∧ less
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1