Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Agriculture. 2
- Awards. 2
- Books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Campaign buttons. 2
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 2
- Compact discs. 2
- Democratic Party (Miss.). 2
- Government publications. 2
- Manuscript. 2
- Minutes (Records). 2 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1
- Winstead, W. Arthur, Mississippi Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives (William Arthur), 1904-1995 1 + ∧ less