Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Abstract Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Abstract Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Dates: circa 1950-2001
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided into...
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Abstract Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
Form of Material The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Records (Documents). 7
- Albums (Books). 5
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 4
- Awards. 4
- Brochures. 4
- Government publications. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Books. 3
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Compact discs. 3 ∧ less
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Owen, David 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Spears, Lawrence "Larry" D. 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 1
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. FBI 1
- Wade, Daisy Harris, 1931-2014 1
- Winstead, W. Arthur, Mississippi Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives (William Arthur), 1904-1995 1 ∧ less