Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Awards. 3
- Government publications. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Books. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 2
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 2
- Essay. 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Fliers (Ephemera). 2
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 2
- Invitation cards. 2 ∧ less
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Owen, David 1