Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Victoria Gray Adams Papers
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
David Batzka Civil Rights Collection
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami Papers
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
William M. Colmer Papers
Jill Wakeman Goodman Civil Rights Collection
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Josephine D. Martin Papers
This collection consists of materials generated and/or collected by child psychiatrist, Dr. Josephine D. Martin, and includes correspondence, publications, speeches, articles, newspaper clippings and other materials that document her life and work.
The Josephine D. Martin Papers should be of interest to researchers in the areas of social work, mental health, civil rights, and other social issues.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Records (Documents). 9
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 6
- Albums (Books). 5
- Brochures. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Race relations. 5
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 5
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 4
- Awards. 4
- Government publications. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 4 + ∧ less
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Goodman, Jill Wakeman 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Owen, David 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Spears, Lawrence "Larry" D. 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1 + ∧ less