Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Scope and Contents The Theodore G. Bilbo Papers document the activities of the former Mississippi governor and United States Senator from approximately 1905-1947.This collection provides insight into the government of the state of Mississippi in the early decades of the twentieth century, as well as American culture, political climate, and governmental activities during the Great Depression and World War II. It paints a definitive portrait of one of Mississippi's most colorful and controversial...
William M. Colmer Papers
Scope and Contents The vast majority of the William M. Colmer Papers encompass his forty-year career as a United States Congressman from Mississippi (1933-1972). However, it also contains a significant amount of material regarding his activities prior to his election to Congress, and a limited amount of materials generated after his retirement in 1972. The original arrangement of the materials has been preserved as closely as possible. Inclusive dates are approximately 1906–1980. The collection divided...
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Dates: circa 1996-2003
- Albums (Books). 2
- Financial documents. 2
- Government publications. 2
- Legislators -- United States. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Mississippi. 2
- Programs (Publications). 2
- Statistics. 2
- United States -- Politics and government -- 20th century. 2
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 1
- Awards. 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, 1877-1947. 1 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Shows, Ronnie, Congressman (Clifford Ronald), 1947- 1