Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 277
Camp Shelby History Collection
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Henry Tim Chambers Collection
This collection contains publications, correspondence, numerical systems, and miscellaneous subjects pertaining to poet, Henry Tim Chambers.
George William Chilcoat Freedom Summer Research Collection
Scholarly articles about the Freedom Schools co-authored by Dr. Chilcoat.
Children of the American Revolution, John Dodd Society Records
Civil War Centennial Collection
This collection contains a variety of materials relating to the 100th Anniversary of the American Civil War.
Civil War History Collection
This collection contains articles, pamphlets, paper currency, newspapers, images and other materials pertaining to the Civil War and its Centennial celebration. The collection also contains a few items regarding the Battle of Yorktown, Virginia, during the Revolutionary War.
William M. Colmer Papers
Peggy Jean Connor Papers
This collection should be of interest to students and researchers of the civil rights era circa 1960-1980; especially those interested in civil rights legal cases and the history of black legislators in Mississippi.
Wayne & Minnie Cox African American History Collection
Emilye Crosby Civil Rights Collection (AM18-05)
Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Frederick P. Cumbus Scrapbook
Lura Gibbons Currier Papers
The Lura Gibbons Currier Papers are comprised of correspondence, newspaper articles, journal articles, reports, speeches, notes, photographs, and memorabilia gathered by Currier throughout her professional library career.
Thomas Gregory Dabney Collection
Materials relating to his service in the Confederate Army and his work as chief engineer of the Yazoo-Mississippi Delta Levee District.
Kathleen Dahl Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Vernon F. Dahmer Collection
Robert K. Daniel Music Collection
A diverse collection of around 3,000 music compositions.
Daughters of the American Revolution, John Rolfe Chapter, Records
Daughters of the American Revolution-Twentieth Star Chapter Scrapbooks
Official scrapbooks of the Twentieth Star Chapter (Hattiesburg, Mississippi) of the Daughters of the American Revolution, containing yearbooks, clippings, photographs, and other items documenting the chapter's activities. The scrapbooks were prepared for state-wide competition in the spring of each year.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Rufus R. Dawes Letters
Letters from Union Brigadier General Dawes concerning the Battle of Gettysburg.
Photographs, a football jacket, newspaper clippings, postcards, etc. from the Demonstration High School on the USM Hattiesburg campus in the late 1940s.
Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association Historical Collection
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
Anne Louise D'Olive Papers
This collection consists of a wide variety of materials gathered by Anne Louise D'Olive.
William F. Dukes FBI Scrapbook
The collection consists of thirty-one photocopied pages from a scrapbook documenting the career of William F. “Bill” Dukes with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (1964-1967; undated). Mr. Dukes retained the original scrapbook.
Lionel Dyck, Jr. 103d Military Collection
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
James M. Edwards Collection
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Asha Burgess Everett Collection
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
Faculty and Staff Biographies
These materials contain biographical and/or reference files relating to faculty and staff at The University of Southern Mississippi.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 275
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 168
- Letter. 160
- Records (Documents). 122
- Periodicals. 68
- Albums (Books). 67
- Programs (Publications). 67
- Memorabilia. 66
- Newsletters. 58
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 54
- Brochures. 53
- Financial documents. 51
- Manuscript. 45
- Speech. 39
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 39
- Clubs. 38
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 37
- Civil rights. 35
- Books. 34
- University of Southern Mississippi. 34 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 6
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Student Printz (1927-) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Bellande, Ray L., 1943- 2
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 2 + ∧ less