Showing Collections: 181 - 210 of 277
John L. Pendergrass Papers
Manuscript materials from his books: Against the Odds: The Adventures of a Man in His Sixties Competing in Six of the World's Toughest Triathlons across Six Continents (2013) and Racing Back to Vietnam: A Journey in War and Peace (2017).
Tom Rhea Phillips III Collection
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Pickering Family Papers
The Pickering Family Papers contain genealogical research materials and family charts, books and journals, maps, and manuscript materials.
Pine Belt Family YMCA Records
This multi-faceted collection consists of materials related to the 80 year history of the Pine Belt Family YMCA, originally known as the Hattiesburg YMCA.
Piney Woods School Collection
Memorabelia related to Piney Woods School, including Business card of Neff Chastain, The Original Dry Boiled Peanut “King.
Political Materials Collection
Various primary source materials including: speeches, pamphlets, mailers, posters, bumper stickers, fliers, campaign & business cards, and clippings relating to National and Mississippi politics.
Abner & Ida Chambers Polk Family Papers
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Noel Polk Collection
In 1999, English professor Noel Polk left to McCain Library and Archives many documents, namely correspondence related to his work as an English professor and researcher. Topics such as academia, William Faulkner, Eudora Welty, southern literature, and Natchez before 1830 are covered.
Moran Pope Collection
Memorabilia from Hattiesburg, the Demonstration School, Mississippi Normal College, State Teachers College, and The University of Mississippi.
Gwendolyn E. Porter Collection
The collection documents her literary interests, correspondence, and media related to Mississippi literature.
Ella Fountain Keesler Pratt Collection
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and information about the Keesler family.
Maude Leet Prenshaw Papers
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
James Earl Price Mississippi History Collection
The James Earl Price Mississippi History Collection is comprised of diverse materials and subject matter.
Mary Winton Pulley Papers
William Clarke Quantrill Research Collection
Research collection about leader of Quantrill's Raiders in Missouri.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
John Elliott Rankin Collection
Letters, speeches, publications of Mississippi Congressman Rankin.
Jaqueline A. Ratcliffe Geneology Collection
• Newspaper Scrapbook- Social Announcements Quality Wedding Papers
• Newspaper Scrapbook- Century 1978 Christmas Card Collection
• Newspaper Scrapbook- Orange- Carl McIntire Scrapbook
Recipes acquired through donations.
Geraldine Reeves Collection
Imogene Purvis Reeves Scrapbooks
7 scrapbooks from the Laurel/Ellisville area. Clippings are of celebrities, family, and friends. Subjects include engagement & anniversary announcements; birth notices & obituaries. News events are both local & national.
Valeria Richards Collection
This collections consists of clippings of the "Cooking Corner" and related correspondence and articles.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Anna Margaret Roberts Papers
Documentation of the life and career of USM librarian.
Emma Lou Roberts Papers
Pamphlets and programs from various Hattiesburg area activities, certificates and correspondence from the Office of Price Administration, and war bonds and ration books.
Wallace Roberts Freedom Summer Collection
Peter Rogers Collection
Advertising galleys, magazine articles, campaign brochures, DVD and a dust jacket concerning Peter Rogers and Peter Rogers Associates. A graduate of The University of Southern Mississippi, Rogers is an artist who became successful in public relations and advertising, specializing in fashion and cosmetics.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Rotary Club of Hattiesburg Records
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 275
- University Archives 2
- Photographs. 168
- Letter. 160
- Records (Documents). 122
- Periodicals. 68
- Albums (Books). 67
- Programs (Publications). 67
- Memorabilia. 66
- Newsletters. 58
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 54
- Brochures. 53
- Financial documents. 51
- Manuscript. 45
- Speech. 39
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 39
- Clubs. 38
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 37
- Civil rights. 35
- Books. 34
- University of Southern Mississippi. 34 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 6
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 3
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- Student Printz (1927-) 3
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Bellande, Ray L., 1943- 2
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 2 + ∧ less