Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
In this letter dated April 13, 1863, from Verona, Mississippi, addressed to Brigadier General Daniel Ruggles, Columbus, Mississippi, Samuel J. Gholson recommends Captain J.F. White, as opposed to Major Inge, for command of certain troops in a portion of General Ruggles' First Military District (in northern Mississippi). He cites disaffection among the men toward Major Inge and Captain White's ability to manage personnel "of the order of border men."
Original photographs published in the Hattiesburg American.
For 483 acres of land in Scott County, Mississippi.
- Letter. 4
- Photographs. 4
- Biloxi (Miss.). 3
- Gulf Coast (Miss.). 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Jackson (Miss.) 3
- Mississippi -- Social life and customs. 3
- Newspapers. 3
- Postcards. 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Autographs. 2
- Camp Shelby (Miss.). 2
- Covington County (Miss.). 2
- Eastabuchie (Miss.). 2
- Forrest County (Miss.) 2
- Lamar County (Miss.). 2
- Laurel (Miss.) 2
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 2
- Pascagoula (Miss.). 2 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Columbus Riflemen, Company C. 1
- Dent 1
- Forrest County General Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.).. Forrest General Hospital. Forrest General Medical Center (1952-) 1
- Foster, Mildred Maggie Seymour, 1909-1993 1
- Gholson, Samuel Jameson, Brigadier General, 1808-1883 1
- Methodist Hospital (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 1
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 1
- Van Buren, Martin, 8th President of the United States, 1782-1862 1
- William Carey University. 1 ∧ less