Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Adams County Police and Miscellaneous County Records
The bulk of the collection contains various items and documents relating to the various activities of the Adams County Board of Police that were generated between 1840-1842 and 1850-1856. Warrants for payment to Constable Peter Laurence, road and bridge maintenance reports, and sundry license applications make up most of the collection, but there are also documents relating to the county alms house and allegiance oaths by Board of Police members.
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company Collection
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company records.
Fritchman Family Papers
Letters, legal and financial documents, and other materials of the Fritchman family of Westmoreland and Washington counties in Pennsylvania. The majority of the materials pertain to David Fritchman, his children and grandchildren.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
J. Brackin Kirkland Papers
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
Jessie Morrison Collection
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Sullivan-Kilrain Fight Collection
This collection should be of interest to students of history, as well as local history buffs. While accounts of the fight differ on minor points such as the color of the fighters' trunks, what they ate for breakfast, and what they drank between rounds, they are in agreement on such major issues as events leading up to the fight, length of the fight, round by round descriptions, and of course, the outcome -- the Great John L. remained heavyweight champion of the world.
- Records (Documents). 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 7
- Letter. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Invitation cards. 6
- Calendar. 5
- Memorabilia. 5
- Postcards. 5
- Business records. 4
- Clubs. 4
- Genealogy. 4
- Map. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Annual reports. 3
- Biographies. 3
- Brochures. 3 + ∧ less
- Adams County Board of Police 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bufkin , William A. (William Alfred ), 1934- 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gillespie, Sarah E. 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Marx, Charles Alvin, Dr., 1932- 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Riverside Brick and Manufacturing Company (1904-1927) 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 + ∧ less