Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
William T. Brannon Papers
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
John Donne Variorum Papers
Charles F. Heartman Papers
Prieur Jay Higginbotham Papers
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Jay Higginbotham. Items range from such things as personal correspondence to biographical information to his list of works.
Richard S. Lackey Collection
. Miscellaneous materials transferred from the Richard S. Lackey Genealogy Collection. Included are copies of manuscripts, land records, and Lackey's research relating to land records.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Con L. Sellers Papers
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
S. G. Thigpen Sr. Papers
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
Luigi Zaninelli Collection
Scores and other material created by noted American composer and USM professor of music.
- Letter. 11
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Photographs. 9
- Periodicals. 8
- Legal forms. 6
- Authors. 5
- Books. 5
- Brochures. 5
- Essay. 5
- Memorabilia. 5
- Business records. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Map. 4
- Newspapers. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Higginbotham, Jay (Prieur Jay), 1937- 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lackey, Lackey, Richard S. (Richard Stephen) 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Rose, Stephen C., 1936- 1
- Sellers, Con L. (Connie Leslie), 1922-1992 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1 + ∧ less