Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Children of the American Revolution, John Dodd Society Records
Daughters of the American Revolution, John Rolfe Chapter, Records
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Hattiesburg Historical Photographs
Photographs reproduced in Dr. Kenneth G. McCarty's book Hattiesburg: A Pictorial History.
The Hattiesburg Review Club
The Review Club was established as a literary and social club for women in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. From 1913-early 2020, it continued with much the same structure as established in 1913.
Hattiesburg Track Club Collection
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Hattiesburg U.S.O. Club Records
Kappa Tau Scrapbook
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
Fannie Kyker Collection
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Mystic Krewe of Zeus of Hattiesburg Records Collection
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
Original Home and Garden Club Collection
Scrapbooks, minutes, yearbooks, photographs, and early histories of the Original Home and Garden Club of Hattiesburg, Mississippi, 1927-1990.
Orpheus Club Records
This collection includes records of Orpheus Club activities from 1926 to 1986.
Pine Belt Family YMCA Records
This multi-faceted collection consists of materials related to the 80 year history of the Pine Belt Family YMCA, originally known as the Hattiesburg YMCA.
Mary Winton Pulley Papers
Klaus & Elisabeth C. Speer Papers
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Polly Stout Collection
Sullivan-Kilrain Fight Collection
This collection should be of interest to students of history, as well as local history buffs. While accounts of the fight differ on minor points such as the color of the fighters' trunks, what they ate for breakfast, and what they drank between rounds, they are in agreement on such major issues as events leading up to the fight, length of the fight, round by round descriptions, and of course, the outcome -- the Great John L. remained heavyweight champion of the world.
George Mike Ziegler Collection
The collection contains two copies of a DVD containing digital reproductions of original materials relating to George Mike Ziegler, Hattiesburg YMCA Athletic Director from 1919 to 1921.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 17
- Clubs. 13
- Photographs. 12
- Letter. 10
- Albums (Books). 9
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 9
- Financial documents. 8
- Records (Documents). 7
- Minutes (Records). 6
- Yearbook. 6
- Memorabilia. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Brochures. 4
- Greeting cards. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) -- History. 4
- Mississippi -- Social life and customs. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Account books. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3 + ∧ less
- McCarty, Kenneth Graham, 1935-2019 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bufkin , William A. (William Alfred ), 1934- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Daughters of the American Revolution. John Rolfe Chapter (1936-1979) 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- George, J. B., Dr., 3rd President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Jennings Burton), 1893-1971 1
- Gillespie, Sarah E. 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hamer, Fannie Lou, 1917-1977 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hattiesburg U.S.O. Club (Hattiesburg, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg YMCA 1
- Kyker, Fannie LaVelle “Goodie”, 1926-2009 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1 + ∧ less