Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Dr. John Calvin Berry Papers
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
First Baptist Church Collection
Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Linda B. Grantham Collection
Scrapbook, newspaper clippings, and programs documenting the history of USM and Hattiesburg given by the former secretary of President Emeritus Lucas.
Hattiesburg Track Club Collection
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Marsha Hester Collection
These materials document Marsha Hester's teaching career.
Edna L. Hollensed Papers
Miscellaneous personal papers of a Hattiesburg resident. Mrs. Edna L. Hollensed was the great granddaughter of John Wesley Hollensed (M34). She lived at 1414 North Main Street and died in the mid-1990s.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Abner & Ida Chambers Polk Family Papers
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Rotary Club of Hattiesburg Records
St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church Collection
Various publications from the St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church located at 3117 West 4th Street in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Ti’ak Lodge 404 Collection
Material received from estate sale conducted by K & D Sales – Estate, Moving & Clean-Out Sales.
Douglas Tiberiis White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by White Folks Project volunteer.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 15
- Records (Documents). 14
- Brochures. 11
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Letter. 11
- Photographs. 10
- Programs (Publications). 10
- Financial documents. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Periodicals. 6
- Books. 5
- Clubs. 5
- Directory. 5
- University of Southern Mississippi. 5
- Awards. 4
- Calendar. 4
- Certificates. 4
- Essay. 4 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 1
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- McLemore, Richard Aubrey, Dr., 1903-1976 1 + ∧ less