Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Memoir of his arrest as a child for picketing the Forrest County Courthouse during the Civil Rights Movement.
This collection consists of one video of what appears to be the Freedom Day protests of January 22, 1964 that occurred for voter registration outside of the courthouse in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. The Hattiesburg Civil Rights Film is of particular interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi, and Hattiesburg.
Her memories of housing Civil Rights workers in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in the 1960s.
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
- Civil rights. 7
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 6
- Photographs. 5
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. 4
- Brochures. 3
- Letter. 3
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 3
- Periodicals. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- African Americans. 2
- Albums (Books). 2
- Art original. 2
- Books. 2
- Certificates. 2
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 2 ∧ less
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bowers, Samuel Holloway, 1924-2006 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1