Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
This collection contains Boney Family materials.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
A collection of correspondence, estate documents, certificates, newsletters, genealogical materials and other items pertaining to the families of Abner Polk and his wife, Ida Chambers Polk. Abner Polk was born in Lawrence County, Mississippi in 1860, and Ida Chambers was born in Washington County, Alabama in 1867. Abner and Ida were married on February 13, 1890, and lived in Marion County, Mississippi until approximately 1898, when they moved to Hattiesburg.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
- Certificates. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Letter. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Essay. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Diplomas. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- University of Southern Mississippi. 4
- African Americans. 3
- Awards. 3
- Books. 3
- Calendar. 3
- Fliers (Ephemera). 3 + ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Boney Family 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- McCarty, Oseola, 1908-1999 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Tatum Family 1
- Tatum Lumber Company (1897-1938) 1
- Tatum, Frank Murry (F. M.), 1895-1987 1
- Tatum, West O’Neal (W. O.), 1882-1958 1
- Tatum, Willie Sion Franklin (W. S. F.), 1858-1949 1 + ∧ less