Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 54
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Creighton Allen, born in Macon, Mississippi, was a pianist and composer. The collection contains a scrapbook, correspondence, sheet music and miscellaneous documents.
Materials pertaining to the life and work of Rabbi David Z. Ben-Ami, who served at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in 1963 and 1964.
Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
The Katherine Brown collection is a fascinating group of documents that shed light on the “Bootstrap” program at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Photographs, newspaper clippings, postcards, correspondence relating to history of Camp Shelby, an armed forces training camp located near Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Scrapbooks, photographs, and Air Force Manuals from Mississippi Gulf Coast resident.
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
The John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbook collection contains materials that relate to Col. John Eckert’s military service in World War I, World War II, and Korea, as well as information on other members of the Eckert family. This collection is particularly of interest to researchers studying American military history in the twentieth century.
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Documents and scrapbook belonging to John E. Guier, Jr. of Fairhope, AL. It contains various newspaper clippings, cards, postcards, photographs, letters, religious materials, etc.
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 42
- Photographs. 42
- Records (Documents). 35
- Memorabilia. 25
- Periodicals. 22
- Brochures. 19
- Programs (Publications). 18
- Newsletters. 15
- Awards. 14
- Books. 14
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 14
- Greeting cards. 13
- Speech. 13
- Postcards. 11
- Civil rights. 10
- Clubs. 10
- Financial documents. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 10 + ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 2
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 2
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 2
- National Association of Parliamentarians. NAP 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Temple B'Nai Israel (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1900-) 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- Allen, Creighton, 1900-1969 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1 + ∧ less