Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 49
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Documents and scrapbook belonging to John E. Guier, Jr. of Fairhope, AL. It contains various newspaper clippings, cards, postcards, photographs, letters, religious materials, etc.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
This Collection consists of 2 boxes of historical records on the Hattiesburg Lions Club, dating from its Charter on February 28, 1928 to 1993.
The collection contains various paper materials such as correspondence, copied newspapers, brochures, flyers, and photographs. Non-paper material items includes such things as a plaque, a ribbon, a windbreaker, and a plastic Coke mug.
Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Photographs, brochures, news clippings, and mementos pertaining to the State Teachers College Band's participation in the "Know Mississippi Better" tours of the U.S. by train.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Material on Germany during Third Reich, donated in memory of Armin D. Lehmann.
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 42
- Photographs. 42
- Records (Documents). 40
- Memorabilia. 27
- Newsletters. 26
- Periodicals. 24
- Albums (Books). 20
- Programs (Publications). 20
- Financial documents. 17
- Fliers (Ephemera). 16
- Books. 14
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 14
- Certificates. 13
- Postcards. 13
- Clubs. 12
- Speech. 12
- Government publications. 11
- Newspapers. 11 ∧ less
- German 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 2
- Winter, William F., 58th Governor of Mississippi (William Forrest) 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahl, Kathleen Aileen 1 ∧ less