Showing Collections: 1 - 18 of 18
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
The Lonette Bryant Cliburn Papers consist of early twentieth-century documents, letters, and photographs that pertain to the Henry-Rowell-Waldrup and related families of Jasper County, Mississippi. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying traditional farming in Mississippi, World War I correspondence, women’s roles in the early twentieth century, William Carey University, University of Southern Mississippi, and local Hattiesburg history.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Letters, legal and financial documents, and other materials of the Fritchman family of Westmoreland and Washington counties in Pennsylvania. The majority of the materials pertain to David Fritchman, his children and grandchildren.
Secretary's record book of Board of Directors minutes.
This collection contains personal and business correspondence, documents, photographs, and miscellaneous materials kept by Waverly Dunlap Hanley.
Correspondence, speeches, reports, publications, clippings, photographs, genealogical materials relating to Mississippi-born educator in New York and Alabama and with the Boys Clubs of America.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
This collection contains documents and photographs.
Materials in this collection span more than a century of activities relating to Jessie Morrison and her family. Most of the materials have been photocopied, due to water and insect damage.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Financial documents. 17
- Photographs. 16
- Records (Documents). 14
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Periodicals. 10
- Certificates. 8
- Legal instruments. 8
- Postcards. 8
- Programs (Publications). 8
- Brochures. 7
- Business records. 7
- Invitation cards. 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Clubs. 6
- Fliers (Ephemera). 6
- Greeting cards. 6
- Manuscript. 6
- Political campaigns. 6 ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Family of Cora E. Henry 1
- Family of Levi Judson Bryant 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf and Ship Island Railroad 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Jackson, Alexander Melvorne, 1823-1889 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 ∧ less