Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 57
Letters about his Civil War experiences from Virginia and Delaware.
The David Batzka Civil Rights Collection contains papers from before, during, and after Batzka’s time in Clarksdale, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Original and photocopies of letters predominately between Mary E. and Andrew Burwell. A handful of letters are to Andrew’s family. Also in the collection are a photocopy of a lock of hair and poems.
Eugene V. Cameron served aboard the U.S.S. Biloxi during his tenure in the U.S. Navy during World War II. The U.S.S. Biloxi was commissioned in 1943 and served in the Pacific Ocean. The ship was decommissioned in 1946.
Letters from Union Brigadier General Dawes concerning the Battle of Gettysburg.
This collection contains Hattiesburg/Petal history materials.
Photocopies and transcripts of 8 letters written by a soldier in Company "C" of the 16th Mississippi Infantry, Army of Northern Virginia.
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
This is a letter written by Brigadier General Hugh Boyle Ewing of the Union Army, encamped outside of Jackson, Mississippi on July 14, 1863. In writing to his wife he recounts the shelling of Jackson, the discovery of some papers belonging to Jefferson Davis, the murder of a Federal officer by the 3rd Texas Calvary, and the capture of the 3rd Texas Calvary by General William Tecumseh Sherman.
Materials regarding the Underground Railroad and other aspects of African American history collected by Dr. Falk, the first Medical Committee for Human Rights Field Secretary in Mississippi.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Letters to Godman in Terry, Mississippi regarding Civil War and Reconstruction.
History of Confederate Company "D", 15th Mississippi Infantry.
Service records and family documents of two Union soldiers from Pennsylvania.
The N. V. Hannegan Camp Shelby Letters Collection is comprised of twenty-five letters written between Corporal Norbert Hannegan and his sister, May Hannegan, while he was stationed at Camp Shelby, Mississippi in 1943. One letter is written by Cpl. Hannegan’s aunt, Sister Ann Vincent of Nazareth, Kentucky. This collection is of interest to researchers studying World War II, Mississippi History, and religion.
Family correspondence, scrapbook, other of Mississippi railroad entrepreneur, politician, judge, and founder of Hattiesburg, Laurel, and Gulfport, Mississippi.
This Collection consists of 2 boxes of historical records on the Hattiesburg Lions Club, dating from its Charter on February 28, 1928 to 1993.
This collection consists primarily of materials pertaining to the book, "Letters From Mississippi", which was first published in 1965, and republished in 2002. The book contains letters written by Mississippi Freedom Summer volunteers in 1964 about their experiences in that important segment of the Civil Rights Movement.
Letters addressed to Lotterhos in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Writings, correspondence, photographs, and condolence letters on the death of this outspoken proponent of Civil Rights and Rabbi at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
- Personal narratives. 47
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 23
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 21
- Photographs. 19
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 18
- Records (Documents). 15
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 11
- Albums (Books). 9
- Civil rights. 9
- Diaries. 8
- Manuscript. 8
- Memoir. 8
- Memorabilia. 8
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 8
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 7
- World War, 1939-1945. 7
- Poetry. 6
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 6
- Brochures. 5 + ∧ less
- Hardy, William H. (William Harris), 1837-1917 2
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 1
- Adams, John Q., -1866 1
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ainsworth, Garrett Smith, 1839-1863 1
- Bailey, Nelson H. 1
- Batzka, David Lee, 1941-2002 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Belcher, Granville W., circa 1832 1
- Belcher, Mary Caroline 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cavanaugh, Lillian Lydia 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dawes, Rufus R. (Rufus Robinson), Brigadier General, 1838-1899 1
- Dearman, Thomas E., 1900-1990 1
- Dickson, Hugh Carroll, 1842-1866 1
- Dyck, Lionel, Jr. 1 + ∧ less