Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Gerard Chittocque Brandon Letter
A letter of January 9, 1829, from Gerard C. Brandon, governor of Mississippi, to John Murphy, governor of Alabama, requesting an answer to a letter of the preceding October. Brandon had written Murphy concerning unsettled accounts between Alabama and Mississippi. Brandon had sent Murphy a proposal on which he wanted Murphy's approval so that Brandon could present it to the Mississippi legislature then in session.
Jesse M. Byrd Collection
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
William M. Colmer Papers
Winfield Scott Featherston Letter
Henry Stuart Foote Letter and Autograph
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
James D. Gautier Letter
Robert B. Hardy Papers
David Holmes Letter
One original letter, dated December 29, 1822, from Senator David Holmes of Mississippi to the Secretary of the Navy. The letter endorses the recommendation made by Judge Thurston Speaks of Missouri that Hamilton E. V. Robinson, also of Missouri, be appointed as a midshipman.
Carroll Ingram Papers
The collection contains various paper material such as correspondence, copied newspaper articles, copied photographs, several publications, and material on President Jimmy Carter’s inauguration.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Erle E. Johnston, Jr. Papers
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
Alexander G. McNutt Letters
John Anthony Quitman Letter
One letter dated June 10, 1850, from John A. Quitman, Governor of Mississippi (1835-1836; 1850-1851) to "His Excellency, Governor of Connecticut, " stating that two copies of the laws passed during the recent legislative session of Mississippi were being forwarded by mail. Quitman also requested that receipt of the copies be acknowledged.
John Elliott Rankin Collection
Letters, speeches, publications of Mississippi Congressman Rankin.
Republican Party of Forrest County Records
Gene D. Saucier Papers
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
John Marshall Stone Letter
One letter written for autograph purposes by John Marshall Stone, Governor of Mississippi, as requested by Charles G. Tefft of New York City. The letter was written during Stone's second term as governor of Mississippi.
R. Ingram Tullos Papers
G.D. Williamson Papers
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 12
- Photographs. 12
- Political campaigns. 10
- Records (Documents). 10
- Governors -- Mississippi. 9
- Speech. 9
- Legislators -- United States. 8
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 8
- Albums (Books). 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 7
- Awards. 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 6
- Programs (Publications). 6
- Autographs. 5
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- To 1865. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 4
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 3
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 3
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Brandon, Gerard Chittocque, Governor, 1788-1850 1
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Carter, Jimmy, Jr., 39th President of the United States (James Earl), 1924- 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Featherston, Winfield Scott, Congressman, 1819-1891 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gautier, James Donovan, 1884-1980 1
- Hardy, Robert B., Colonel (Robert Baskerville "Bob"), 1919-2006 1
- Harrison, Pat, Senator (Byron Patton), 1881-1941 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Holmes, David Warren, Governor, 1769-1832 1
- Ingram, Carroll H. 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1 + ∧ less