Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 54
Letters about his Civil War experiences from Virginia and Delaware.
Documents written by and at the command of General Beauregard in Charleston, South Carolina.
Letter from Brigadier General Boggs in Shreveport, Louisiana, to Commander at Vicksburg requesting free passage for Catlett family.
Original and photocopies of letters predominately between Mary E. and Andrew Burwell. A handful of letters are to Andrew’s family. Also in the collection are a photocopy of a lock of hair and poems.
Family letters, genealogy, and history of Clinton, Mississippi.
Letters from military camp sites, family letters, and deeds of land in Newton County, Mississippi.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Letters from Union Brigadier General Dawes concerning the Battle of Gettysburg.
Photocopies and transcripts of 8 letters written by a soldier in Company "C" of the 16th Mississippi Infantry, Army of Northern Virginia.
The Judge Charles Gayarré Letter includes a two-page, front-and-back letter that defends the possibility of Louisiana seceding from the United States. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying the Civil War and Louisiana history.
Letters to Godman in Terry, Mississippi regarding Civil War and Reconstruction.
History of Confederate Company "D", 15th Mississippi Infantry.
Service records and family documents of two Union soldiers from Pennsylvania.
This document is a requisition from Colonel Maxcy Gregg of the 1st Regiment of South Carolina Volunteers to Colonel Edward Manigault, Chief of Ordnance Department. It was written from headquarters on Sullivan's Island in Charleston Harbor on February 8, 1861. Colonel Gregg was requesting 40,000 musket cartridges and 40,000 percussion caps for his regiment.
The collection contains material pertaining to the writings and publications of Dr. James G. Hollandsworth, correspondence, and manuscripts.
The Rudy H. Leverett Collection contains the personal papers, correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of author and professor Rudy H. Leverett. This collection would be of interest to researchers focusing specifically on language, religion, education, and Civil War history. Topics included among Leverett’s writings consist of genealogical studies on the McLemore and Leverett families, as well as Jones County, Mississippi history and Southern culture.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 46
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Personal narratives. 23
- Personal narratives. 19
- Mississippi -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 15
- Records (Documents). 15
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Photographs. 10
- Financial documents. 7
- Memorabilia. 7
- Tennessee -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 6
- Mississippi -- History. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Poetry. 5
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877). 5
- Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 5
- Books. 4
- Diaries. 4
- Genealogy. 4
- Manuscript. 4 ∧ less
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Adams, John Q., -1866 1
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Ainsworth, Garrett Smith, 1839-1863 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bailey, Nelson H. 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Belcher, Granville W., circa 1832 1
- Belcher, Mary Caroline 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Boggs, William Robertson, Brigadier General, 1829-1911 1
- Camp, David A., 1827- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 1
- Davis, William Van, Captain, 1828-1884 1
- Dawes, Rufus R. (Rufus Robinson), Brigadier General, 1838-1899 1
- Dickson, Hugh Carroll, 1842-1866 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1 ∧ less