Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 373
Letters from military camp sites, family letters, and deeds of land in Newton County, Mississippi.
Letter from physician Dr. C.W. Cooper in Northhampton, Massachusetts regarding a patient.
Letter dated December 7, 1964 to Crawford & Co., Inc. in Madison, Wisconsin from The Friends of the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (SNCC), soliciting contributions for SNCC's Mississippi Project.
Handwritten manuscript (circa 1890) entitled “Grandmother Clay” written by Maggie Tate Lea about her great-great-grandmother, Margaret Muse Clay and accompanying documentation.
This collection contains Crosby family correspondence, ledger, and financial reports of the Native and Ten Mile lumber companies of Mississippi.
The Lura Gibbons Currier Papers are comprised of correspondence, newspaper articles, journal articles, reports, speeches, notes, photographs, and memorabilia gathered by Currier throughout her professional library career.
Early settler of South Mississippi and Alabama.
Correspondence, scrapbooks, photo albums, printed materials, political campaign and organizations' buttons, poster, and video tapes of this Freedom Summer volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
A diverse collection of around 3,000 music compositions.
Letters written by a Civil Rights volunteer in Holly Springs, Mississippi from September 1964 to March 1965.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Letters from Union Brigadier General Dawes concerning the Battle of Gettysburg.
This collection contains Hattiesburg/Petal history materials.
Items relating to Dent family, also includes surnames Gunn, McLeod, and Pickering. Contains a selection of very early 1900 postcards, mostly of Mississippi Gulf Coast.
Photocopies and transcripts of 8 letters written by a soldier in Company "C" of the 16th Mississippi Infantry, Army of Northern Virginia.
Letter from Cathron Disney requesting wills of the Buxton family addressed to the Registrant of Wills, Norwich, England. A typed transcript is included.
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
The John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbook collection contains materials that relate to Col. John Eckert’s military service in World War I, World War II, and Korea, as well as information on other members of the Eckert family. This collection is particularly of interest to researchers studying American military history in the twentieth century.
Photographs, certificates, and plaques awarded to Civil War collector.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 159
- Photographs. 156
- Records (Documents). 155
- Financial documents. 72
- Programs (Publications). 61
- Memorabilia. 60
- Newsletters. 59
- Albums (Books). 56
- Periodicals. 56
- Brochures. 49
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 49
- Personal narratives. 47
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865. 46
- Manuscript. 45
- Clubs. 42
- Civil rights. 39
- Speech. 38
- Books. 34
- Postcards. 33 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 4
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 4
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 4
- Hattiesburg High School. 4
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 4
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 3
- Davis, Jefferson, President of the Confederate States of America, 1808-1889 3
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Keesler Army Airfield (Miss.) 3
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 3
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 3
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 3
- Ashmore, Ann Mulloy 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 2
- Beauregard, G. T., Brigadier General, 1818-1893 (Gustave Toutant) 2
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 2 ∧ less