Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbooks
The John “Jack” Eckert Scrapbook collection contains materials that relate to Col. John Eckert’s military service in World War I, World War II, and Korea, as well as information on other members of the Eckert family. This collection is particularly of interest to researchers studying American military history in the twentieth century.
Claude E. Fike World War II Diary
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Hurricanes of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Research Collection
Research collection of historian Charles Sullivan for his book "Hurricanes of the Gulf Coast."
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
M. James Stevens Mississippi and Gulf Coast Research Collection
S. G. Thigpen Sr. Papers
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
United States Forest Service, Harrison Experimental Forest Station Collection
Photographs, slides, maps, and manuscripts produced by Station scientists and staff.
Hugh B. Wilson Manuscript
The collection consists of one eight-page manuscript titled History – Handsboro, Mississippi, which covers the history of Handsboro from 1840 to 1910.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 9
- Photographs. 9
- Records (Documents). 9
- Letter. 8
- Memorabilia. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Government publications. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Albums (Books). 4
- Essay. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Mississippi. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Certificates. 3
- Gulf Coast (Miss.). 3
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 3
- Legal forms. 3 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Eckert, John Prosper "Jack", Colonel, 1894-1966 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Riley, James A. 1
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 1
- Southern Railroad Company (1894–1990) 1
- Sullivan, Charles L., 1942- 1
- Thigpen Hardware Company (1919-1960) 1
- Thigpen, S. G., Sr. (Samuel Grady) 1
- United States. Forest Service. 1
- Wallace, George C., Governor of Alabama (George Corley), 1919-1998 1 + ∧ less