Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company Collection
L.N. Dantzler Lumber Company records.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Lindsey Wagon Company Records
Ledgers, journals, office files of the largest manufacturing company in early 20th century Mississippi.
John A. McLeod Department Store Records
Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Purvis, Mississippi Municipal Records
Documents pertaining to Purvis city government.
Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Tatum Family Business Records
The Tatum family were prominent owners of businesses and land in and around the Hattiesburg, Mississippi area beginning in 1893 with the establishment of their first lumber mill. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, maps and artifacts of the Tatum family’s business dealings as well as local Hattiesburg history, including W. S. F. Tatum’s mayoral term from 1922 to 1924 and again from 1928 to 1936.
S. G. Thigpen Sr. Papers
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
- Records (Documents). 10
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 8
- Letter. 8
- Memorabilia. 7
- Photographs. 7
- Business records. 6
- Brochures. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Legal forms. 5
- Periodicals. 5
- Calendar. 4
- Government publications. 4
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 4
- Legal instruments. 4
- Lumber trade. 4
- Manuscript. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Political campaigns. 4 + ∧ less
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 2
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bonhomie & Hattiesburg Southern Railroad Company. B & HS (1923-1953) 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Fuller Hickory Mill. 1
- Gorman Lumber Company. 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- John A. McLeod Department Store (Hattiesburg, Miss.). (1899-1932) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lindsey Wagon Company. 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 1 + ∧ less