Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 31
Creighton Allen, born in Macon, Mississippi, was a pianist and composer. The collection contains a scrapbook, correspondence, sheet music and miscellaneous documents.
The Frank D. Barber Papers consist of campaign materials from Barber’s bid for the Mississippi State Senate in 1959, six issues of Southern Exposure from 1952-1953, and materials relating to the conferring university status on Mississippi Southern College in 1962. This collection is of particular interest to researchers studying Mississippi politicians and the history of the University of Southern Mississippi.
Scrapbook for the April 2015 ceremony during which donor’s family planted four magnolia trees on-campus to represent three generations of attendance at USM.
Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
The Gregory E. Favre Collection contains family materials, speeches, photographs, articles, and memorabilia.
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
The collection contains materials pertaining to the Vietnam War. These materials include medals, photographs, photocopies of books, reports, correspondence, and oversized maps.
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
This collection is comprised mainly of materials that document Erle Johnston's personal life and professional activities from approximately 1922 through his death in 1995. The Erle Johnston Papers should be beneficial to any researcher interested in the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi, as well as the political history of Mississippi in the twentieth century. The collection also provides insight into the life and personality of an important Mississippian.
This collection consists of a scrapbook with original photographs, newspaper clippings, artifacts, minutes of meetings (1948-1955), correspondence from commercial jewelers regarding membership pins, and copies of the club’s constitution. Additionally, a preservation photocopy of the scrapbook has been made on acid-free paper and placed in the collection.
Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
This collection contains clippings, correspondence, memorabilia, menus, invitations, media, scrapbooks, photographs, speeches and planning materials for The Mystic Krewe of Zeus. The materials primarily date 1924-2020.
This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and information about the Keesler family.
Materials relating to the life of Representative Gene D. Saucier.
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
S. G. Thigpen, Sr. of Picayune, Mississippi, was an area entrepreneur, historian, and writer who operated from his hardware store from 1919 to his death in 1981. The collection contains financial records, personal papers, essays, photographs, scrapbooks, sound recordings and newspaper articles of Thigpen's life and the Pearl River County, Mississippi area.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 28
- Photographs. 27
- Letter. 26
- Records (Documents). 21
- Periodicals. 15
- Books. 13
- Programs (Publications). 12
- Awards. 11
- Brochures. 11
- Greeting cards. 10
- Postcards. 9
- University of Southern Mississippi. 9
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Newspapers. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 8
- Financial documents. 7
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 7
- Political campaigns. 7 + ∧ less
- French 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 3
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Allen, Creighton, 1900-1969 1
- Barber, Frank David Barber, Senator, 1929-1997 1
- Barnett, Ross R., 53rd Governor of Mississippi (Ross Robert), 1898-1987 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Dyck, Lionel, Jr. 1
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 1
- Foster, Mildred Maggie Seymour, 1909-1993 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gitenstein, Seymour 1
- Gregory and Bea Favre 1
- Hardy, Sallie Ann Johnson, 1843-1872 1 + ∧ less