Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Theodore G. Bilbo Papers
Scope and Contents The Theodore G. Bilbo Papers document the activities of the former Mississippi governor and United States Senator from approximately 1905-1947.This collection provides insight into the government of the state of Mississippi in the early decades of the twentieth century, as well as American culture, political climate, and governmental activities during the Great Depression and World War II. It paints a definitive portrait of one of Mississippi's most colorful and controversial...
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Paul B. Johnson Family Papers
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
- Albums (Books). 2
- Awards. 2
- Broadsides. 2
- Business records. 2
- Documentary films. 2
- Filmed interviews. 2
- Governors -- Mississippi. 2
- Greeting cards. 2
- Interviews (Sound recordings). 2 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Paul B. Johnson Family 1 + ∧ less