Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents The Theodore G. Bilbo Papers document the activities of the former Mississippi governor and United States Senator from approximately 1905-1947.This collection provides insight into the government of the state of Mississippi in the early decades of the twentieth century, as well as American culture, political climate, and governmental activities during the Great Depression and World War II. It paints a definitive portrait of one of Mississippi's most colorful and controversial...
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of 28 cubic feet of files maintained by Louis Edward Faulkner between approximately 1925 and 1960. A few items are dated as early as 1902 and as late as 1963. These files document many of Mr. Faulkner's business, civic, political, and religious activities during that period, and provide glimpses of his personal life as well. Materials in the files consist primarily of correspondence, but also include numerous speeches, publications, and newspaper clippings, plus...
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
- Broadsides. 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 2
- Clubs. 2
- Faith. 2
- Governors -- Mississippi. 2
- Lieutenant governors -- Mississippi. 2
- Memorabilia. 2
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Political campaigns. 2
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 2
- Programs (Publications). 2
- Speech. 2
- Albums (Books). 1
- Awards. 1 ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Faulkner, Louis Edward, 1883-1961 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1