Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
This collection consists of Dr. Charles C. Bolton’s research materials for his scholarly works.
Letters, campaign material, speeches related to candidacy of Byrd for Governor of Mississippi.
Municipal records of Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
Photographer Duncan Heron's photographs of Paul B. Johnson (Sr. and Jr.) family in Mississippi, 1943 and 1967.
Monaco vs. Mississippi: Research pertaining to a suit by a foreign state against a state of the Union
Research paper on lawsuit by Monaco regarding issuance of bonds.
This collection contains political campaign materials related to Mississippi and National political campaigns.
In this letter dated May 16, 1873, Mississippi Governor Ridgely Powers wrote to U. S. Attorney General George H. Williams, suggesting Robert J. Alcorn for the post of U. S. Marshal for Mississippi in the event that his earlier nominee, General E. J. Castillo, failed to receive the post.
Letters, speeches, publications of Mississippi Congressman Rankin.
One letter written for autograph purposes by John Marshall Stone, Governor of Mississippi, as requested by Charles G. Tefft of New York City. The letter was written during Stone's second term as governor of Mississippi.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
- Politicians -- Mississippi. 10
- Letter. 8
- Mississippi -- Politics and government -- 1951- 7
- Photographs. 6
- Records (Documents). 6
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 5
- Governors -- Mississippi. 5
- Political campaigns. 5
- Speech. 5
- Financial documents. 4
- Periodicals. 4
- Business records. 3
- Campaign literature. 3
- Memorabilia. 3
- Programs (Publications). 3
- Albums (Books). 2
- Awards. 2
- Broadsides. 2
- Clubs. 2 + ∧ less
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 2
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 2
- Paul B. Johnson Family 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Byrd, Jesse M., State Senator, 1896-1966 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Democratic National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Eisenhower, Dwight D., 34th President of the United States (Dwight David), 1890-1969 1
- Faulkner, Louis Edward, 1883-1961 1
- McMillen, Neil R., Dr., 1939- 1
- Mississippi Central Railroad Company (1897-1967) 1
- Nixon, Richard M., 37th President of the United States (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Pendergrass, John L., M.D. 1
- Powers, Ridgley Ceylon, Governor, 1836-1912 1
- Rankin, John E., Congressman (John Elliott), 1882-1960 1
- Republican National Committee (U.S.). 1
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 1
- Stone, John Marshall, Governor, 1830-1900 1 + ∧ less