Showing Collections: 91 - 120 of 452
Photographs, a football jacket, newspaper clippings, postcards, etc. from the Demonstration High School on the USM Hattiesburg campus in the late 1940s.
Reid Derr Dissertation Collection
Dissertation notes of Reid S. Derr
Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association Historical Collection
Photographs, news clippings, programs, uniforms, and memorabilia related to The Dixie Darlings Alumnae Association.
Anne Louise D'Olive Papers
This collection consists of a wide variety of materials gathered by Anne Louise D'Olive.
John Donne Variorum Papers
Ralph Dunagin Editorial Cartoon Collection
949 single-panel original editorial cartoons.
John Duncan Letter
P. D. East Collection
This collection contains materials related to the life and activities of P.D. East. Materials include personal papers, photographs, issues of East's The Petal Paper, a speech, and letters. This collection should be of interest to anyone researching the civil rights movement in Mississippi.
Economic and Social Development Think Tank Conferences
Education in Mississippi Collection
Catalogs, annual reports, laws, commencement invitations and programs from various Mississippi institutions.
Joseph and Nancy Ellin Freedom Summer Collection
Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Donald Paul Ellis II Military Collection
Correspondence, medals, uniforms and artifacts from USM student who served in Afghanistan, Iraq, and South Korea.
Asha Burgess Everett Collection
This collection contains materials from Mississippi Normal College.
Hugh Boyle Ewing Letter
This is a letter written by Brigadier General Hugh Boyle Ewing of the Union Army, encamped outside of Jackson, Mississippi on July 14, 1863. In writing to his wife he recounts the shelling of Jackson, the discovery of some papers belonging to Jefferson Davis, the murder of a Federal officer by the 3rd Texas Calvary, and the capture of the 3rd Texas Calvary by General William Tecumseh Sherman.
Faculty and Staff Biographies
These materials contain biographical and/or reference files relating to faculty and staff at The University of Southern Mississippi.
J.C. Fairley Civil Rights Collection
NAACP correspondence and materials documenting the contributions of this Hattiesburg Civil Rights leader.
James G. Faulconer Freedom Summer Report
Report of his Freedom Summer activities in Canton, Mississippi.
L.E. Faulkner Papers
Leesha Faulkner Civil Rights Collection
A group of materials that give an in depth look into the Civil Rights Movement and primarily the Mississippi State Sovereignty Commission.
Winfield Scott Featherston Letter
Virginia Isabelle Felder Papers
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Virginia Isabelle Felder. Items range from her personal life and teaching career to she and her family’s involvement in the Methodist church to genealogical records.
Samuel W. Ferguson Letter
Letter to A.E. Allen after he requested autograph of Confederate General Samuel W. Ferguson.
Claude E. Fike Collection
Collection of materials that document the professional and social life of Dr. Claude E. Fike at the University of Southern Mississippi as a professor of history, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences (College of Liberal Arts), and the director of McCain Library.
Claude E. Fike World War II Diary
Diary, ship's log, memoirs, correspondence, memorabilia concerning his service in the U.S. Navy with the Seventh Fleet near New Guinea.
A.G. Fish Collection
Research collection of Dr. A.G. Fish, professor of marine biology at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Dale Sallis Fleming Papers
This collection contains a comprehensive and objective look at the Civil War in Mississippi. Anyone researching this time period in Mississippi's history would find ample information. Students of history and journalism would benefit from the writings of Mr. Fleming.
Flinn-Pegram Family Collection
The collection contains various receipts, deeds, and items of correspondence from the Finn Pegram families, and materials range in date from 1830 to 1903. There are also a few samples of 19th century advertising included: “Dr. Clark’s Pocket Memorandum Book” and an Arm & Hammer brand booklet that contains a series of stereotypical depictions of African Americans from that time period.
Henry Stuart Foote Letter and Autograph
Forrest County, Mississippi, Criminal Record Book
Mildred Seymour Foster Papers
Notes, news clippings photographs, scrapbooks, publications, other documenting the life of this Biloxi, Mississippi school teacher.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 450
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 206
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 169
- Photographs. 166
- Records (Documents). 139
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 73
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Periodicals. 64
- Programs (Publications). 62
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 60
- Civil rights. 59
- Memorabilia. 59
- Financial documents. 55
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 53
- Brochures. 51
- Albums (Books). 50
- Newsletters. 48
- Manuscript. 47
- Speech. 45 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 6
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964 4
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 3
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 3
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 3 + ∧ less