Showing Collections: 121 - 150 of 452
Alexander Fourchy and John Nixon Papers
Bertha M. Fritzsche Collection
This collection consists of biographical data and personal diaries that provide insight concerning the career, lifestyle, and personality of Dr. Bertha Maude Fritzsche. The material begins in 1929 when Fritzsche began teaching home economics at the University of Southern Mississippi (USM), known then as the State Teacher's College, and continues until her death in March 1990. The collection is divided into two series: Biographical Data (1929-1987) and Diaries (1937-1990).
Glenda Funchess Civil Rights Collection
Materials related to Freedom Summer 1964.
Alec D. Galloway Genealogy Collection
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Collection
The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection
The Edythe Evelyn Gandy Personal Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, and correspondence.
George G. Garner / Daniel Ruggles Message
Susan Victoria “Vicky” Garraway Collection (AM15-102)
Vicky Garraway was a lifetime resident of Hattiesburg, a graduate of Hattiesburg High School and University of Southern Mississippi. She taught in the Hattiesburg Public School System and was a former flight attendant for Eastern Airlines. She served in the Hattiesburg Medical Auxiliary, a lifetime member of the Junior Auxiliary and volunteer at the Abby Rogers Civitan Camp. She was a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
James D. Gautier Letter
General History Files
The General History Files contain information pertaining to the history of The University of Southern Mississippi, as well as descriptions of current events. These materials include news clippings, photographs, programs, brochures, films, and other ephemera. Topics include departmental and organizational history, student organization activities, annual university events, and special programs.
J.B. George Papers
Mildred "Myra" Pace Germany Collection
Materials relating to 1923 graduate, Mrs. Mildred "Myra" Pace Germany. Mrs. Germany was born January 5, 1900, in Newton County, Mississippi. She died June 22, 2004.
Samuel Jameson Gholson Letter
In this letter dated April 13, 1863, from Verona, Mississippi, addressed to Brigadier General Daniel Ruggles, Columbus, Mississippi, Samuel J. Gholson recommends Captain J.F. White, as opposed to Major Inge, for command of certain troops in a portion of General Ruggles' First Military District (in northern Mississippi). He cites disaffection among the men toward Major Inge and Captain White's ability to manage personnel "of the order of border men."
Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr. Papers
This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Clyde Ginn Education Materials
This collection includes materials collected for research, reel to reel films, student papers and tests, as well as class materials.
Jinny Glass Mississippi Freedom Summer Diary
Diary of Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Palmer's Crossing Community Center and 1996 article on Freedom Summer.
Harry R. Godman Letters
Letters to Godman in Terry, Mississippi regarding Civil War and Reconstruction.
Dr. John E. Gonzales Papers
This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Candy Brown Gonzalez Freedom Summer Photographs
Candy Brown Gonzalez of Los Angeles, participated in the Mississippi Freedom Summer Project from June to December 1964. The collection contains photographs she took while in Greenville, Issaquena County, McComb, Hattiesburg and Waveland.
Bonnie Carter Gooding Collection
Materials documenting the Lamar Elementary School, of which Mrs. Gooding was principal, and other Hattiesburg and South Mississippi public schools.
Jill Wakeman Goodman Civil Rights Collection
Materials relating to her activities with the Delta Ministry in Mississippi.
Goodyear Yellow Pine Company Photographs
Albert F. Gordon Freedom Rider Collection
Lists of Freedom Riders, arrest records, investigative reports, correspondence, newspaper clippings, etc.
This collection should be of value to researchers interested in the Freedom Rides and the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Maude Moseley Gordon Collection
State Teachers College student memorabilia.
Gore Civil War History Collection
History of Confederate Company "D", 15th Mississippi Infantry.
Governor Stone's Thanksgiving Proclamation
This collection includes Governor J. M. Stone’s Thanksgiving Proclamation of 1881.
Albert Gower Manuscripts of Music
Original music composed by Dr. Albert E. Gower, Chairman of the Department of Music Education at The University of Southern Mississippi, for Mississippi's Junior Miss pageant and for the Miss Mississippi pageant, plus his "Symphony No. 1".
Linda B. Grantham Collection
Scrapbook, newspaper clippings, and programs documenting the history of USM and Hattiesburg given by the former secretary of President Emeritus Lucas.
Legacy of Dr. Joseph A. Greene, founding Dean of the College of Business and Economic Development
Reagan L. Grimsley Research Collection
Reagan Grimsley has written numerous archival and historical articles. He is also the author of "Enriching Lives: A Pictorial History of Columbus State University" and "Hattiesburg in Vintage Postcards".
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 450
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 206
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 169
- Photographs. 166
- Records (Documents). 139
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 73
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Periodicals. 64
- Programs (Publications). 62
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 60
- Civil rights. 59
- Memorabilia. 59
- Financial documents. 55
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 53
- Brochures. 51
- Albums (Books). 50
- Newsletters. 48
- Manuscript. 47
- Speech. 45 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 6
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964 4
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 3
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 3
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 3 + ∧ less