Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 452
P.A. "Gustus" Lotterhos Correspondence
Letters addressed to Lotterhos in Clarksville, Tennessee.
Rosewell G. Lowrey Typescripts
Typescripts of compositions by Dr. Rosewell G. Lowrey, Dean of Men and director of Student Welfare at The University of Southern Mississippi. Also included is a small booklet of poems by his brother, Vernon Booth Lowrey.
Thomas T. Lynch Memorabilia Collection
Collection of memorabilia about former University of Southern Mississippi student Brett Favre.
Major-Sowers Saw Mill Photographs
Rabbi Charles Mantinband Papers
Writings, correspondence, photographs, and condolence letters on the death of this outspoken proponent of Civil Rights and Rabbi at Temple B'Nai Israel in Hattiesburg, Mississippi.
J. M. Martin Broadside
Advertisement for settlers in northeastern Mississippi and southwestern Tennessee area.
Patricia Marton Collection
Books and memorabilia related to Gulf Park College for Women.
Charles A. Marx Papers
Correspondence, reports, files, magazines documenting his career with the Mississippi Highway Patrol and as an attorney.
John B. Maurer Freedom Summer Photographs
Black and white prints taken by Rev. John B. Maurer during Mississippi Freedom Summer, 1964. Rev. Maurer is a Presbyterian minister who served as a Freedom Summer volunteer in Panola County, Mississippi. The photographs were taken in Batesville and Crenshaw (in Panola County), Holly Springs (Marshall County) and Ruleville (Sunflower County).
William “Bill” G. McAtee Civil Rights Collection
The William “Bill” G. McAtee Civil Rights Collection consists of pamphlets and brochures published by SNCC, as well as a Freedom School curriculum McAtee received from the SNCC-NCC training center in Oxford, Ohio. This collection is of particular value to researchers interested in the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, Freedom Summer, Freedom Schools, interracial involvement, and religion.
McAtee/Marion County Civil Rights Oral History Collection
Audio interviews related to the Civil Rights Movement in Marion County, Mississippi.
Dr. William D. McCain Papers of Heritage Organizations
Bound originals and copies of documents for several heritage organizations in which Dr. McCain was a member and/or officer.
William D. McCain Pamphlet Collection
Pamphlets collected by USM president on communism, civil rights, desegregation, and other race-related topics; a speech on Freedom by Dr. McCain and two books on Benito Mussolini and Italian Fascism.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Oseola McCarty Collection
In 1995 Miss Oseola McCarty, an African American laundress, donated the bulk of her life’s savings, $150,000, to The University of Southern Mississippi to provide scholarships for deserving students. This collection documents her generous act and the multitude of honors and awards presented to her in the ensuing years.
Duncan McCollum Diary
Esther Turner McElrath Diary
McGuffey’s Reading Charts
Original and digital versions of 6 posters.
Richard Aubrey McLemore Papers
This collection contains information about Richard McLemore.
Neil R. McMillen Collection
McNeill Family Archive
This collection features letters and documents from 1813 to 1850 that relate to the McNeill family and their plantation holdings. The majority of documents refer to the business and family dealings of Malcom McNeill.
Alexander G. McNutt Letters
Dr. James H. McPhail Collection
Carlton L. McQuagge Papers
A collection of materials relating to the life and work of Dr. Carlton L. McQuagge, former instructor and administrator at The University of Southern Mississippi.
Memorial to Congress, For the request of Lands to aid the construction of the Gulf and Ship Island Railroad
Meridian Light and Railway Company Minute Book
Business records of utility company acquired by Mississippi Power Company.
Vernon & Bonnie Fleming Merrifield Collection
A collection of photographs, booklets, pamphlets, periodicals, postcards, letters, menus, and scrapbooks that will be in various collections.
Methodist History Materials Collection
Reverend John Buford Cain, a Methodist historian, wrote many publications, including Methodism in the Mississippi Conference: 1846-1870. The collection contains copies of pages from that book, accompanied by handwritten notations on the history of Madison County, Mississippi.
Sheila Michaels Papers
Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
- Historical Manuscripts and Photographs 450
- University Archives 2
- Letter. 206
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 169
- Photographs. 166
- Records (Documents). 139
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 77
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 73
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 68
- University of Southern Mississippi. 68
- Periodicals. 64
- Programs (Publications). 62
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 60
- Civil rights. 59
- Memorabilia. 59
- Financial documents. 55
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 53
- Brochures. 51
- Albums (Books). 50
- Newsletters. 48
- Manuscript. 47
- Speech. 45 + ∧ less
- German 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 6
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 6
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 5
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 5
- Hattiesburg High School. 5
- Student Printz (1927-) 5
- The Hattiesburg American (Miss.) (1897-) 5
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 4
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 4
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 4
- Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 4
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 4
- McCain, William D., Dr., 5th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (William David), 1907-1993 4
- Schwerner, Michael Henry, 1939-1964 4
- United States. General Land Office. United States Land Office. 4
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 3
- Fike, Claude E., Dr., University Archivist and Director of McCain Library & Archives; Dean of the College of Arts, 1920-1994 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 3
- Johnston, Erle E., 1917-1995 3
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 3 + ∧ less