Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
A.I. and Fay Botnick Civil Rights Collection
Newspaper and magazine articles, journals, newspapers, bumper stickers, cartoons, etc. concerning anti-Semitism and Civil Rights.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Civil Rights in the South Collection
This collection is a compilation of various materials relating to the Civil Rights Movement in the South.
Emilye Crosby Civil Rights Collection (AM18-05)
Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Ed Hamlett White Folks Project Collection
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Sheila Michaels Papers
Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
Samuel C. Shirah, Jr. Papers
The Samuel C. Shirah, Jr., Papers contain numerous newspaper articles and journal articles dating from 1962 until 1999. Included also are a number of letters both to and from Sam, FBI files relating to two imprisonments, several SNCC publications, and various related newsletters and journals. Although Sam Shirah died in 1980, his mother, Mrs. Oneita Shirah, continued to collect materials pertaining to the Civil Rights era through 1999, and some of these are included in this collection.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Thelma Stevens Papers
The Thelma Stevens Papers collection contains personal materials, manuscript materials, published materials, photographs, and correspondence.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Letter. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 7
- Records (Documents). 7
- Brochures. 6
- Memorabilia. 5
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 5
- Newspapers. 5
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 5
- Government publications. 4
- Manuscript. 4
- Posters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Race relations. 4
- Speech. 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3 + ∧ less
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- ADL (Anti-defamation League) (1913-) 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Botnick, Adolph Ira (A.I. "B"), 1924-1995 1
- Botnick, Fay Rose Waldoff, 1926- 1
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 1
- Crosby, Emilye 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- De La Beckwith, Byron, Jr., 1920-2001 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1 + ∧ less