Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Abstract Primary and secondary research materials related to Claiborne County, Mississippi and its county seat, Port Gibson. Claiborne County was the center of a little-known but profound demonstration and struggle during the civil rights movement resulting in the United States Supreme Court Case NAACP v. Claiborne Hardware Company.
Dates: Majority of material found in 1953-2011
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract Correspondence and materials collected by these Freedom School teachers in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer in 1964.
Abstract Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Dates: circa 1963-2001
Abstract Copy of Ms. Hawthorne's State Sovereignty Commission file, documenting her work as a Civil Rights activist when she was a teenager in Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1965-1967, 1997
Abstract Photographs taken during Mississippi Freedom Summer.
Dates: circa 1964
Abstract Photographs and personal reminiscences of his experiences as a Freedom School teacher in Hattiesburg during Freedom Summer 1964.
Dates: 1966, 1999
Abstract Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1960-2001
Abstract Materials generated and/or collected by former Student Non-Violent Coordinating Committee (SNCC) staff member, Michael J. "Mike" Miller. Includes materials pertaining to SNCC's activities in Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1958-1988
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Abstract Original and printed materials accumulated by White Folks Project volunteer.
Abstract Primarily photocopies of newspaper clippings regarding the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s and Dr. J. Roy Valencourt's participation.
Dates: circa 1960-1967
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
Abstract Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Dates: circa 1962-2002
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 14
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 13
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 11
- Letter. 11
- Records (Documents). 11
- Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee (U.S.), 10
- Civil rights. 9
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 9
- Photographs. 9
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 7
- Periodicals. 7
- Brochures. 6
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 4
- Map. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Posters. 4
- Programs (Publications). 4
- Calendar. 3
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi -- Diaries. 3 ∧ less
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 2
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 2
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Chaney, James Earl (1943-1964) 1
- Crosby, Emilye 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Ellin, Joseph, 1936- 1
- Ellin, Nancy B. (Nancy Bowles) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Hawthorne, Gracie 1
- Hazelton, Margaret Jo, 1942- 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- Kwanguvu, Umoja, 1925-2001 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Michaels, Sheila Babs (Sheila Shiki y Kessler), 1939-2017 1
- Mississippi. Department of Archives and History. MDAH 1 ∧ less