Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Scope and Contents This collection consists of information on Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPs) of World War II.
Dates: circa 1941-1996
Scope and Contents Materials from the 103d Infantry Division during WWII, reunion materials and Harold Branton's book, 103rd Infantry Division: "the trail of the cactus".
Dates: 1919; circa 1940s-2000s
Abstract Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Dates: 1926- circa 2005
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Lionel Dyck, Jr.
Abstract This collection has immense research value. In its coverage of Paul B. Johnson's terms as lieutenant governor and governor of Mississippi, it documents one of the most critical periods in the state's history -- the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. The State Sovereignty Commission records, along with the Highway Patrol records paint a graphic portrait of efforts to thwart civil rights activities in the state, and to preserve the separation of the races. Additionally, it documents (through...
Dates: circa 1910-1973
Form of Material Materials pertaining to the proposed Mississippi Superconducting Super Collider project.
Scope and Contents This collection contains materials generated and/or collected by Perry County Citizens Against Nuclear Disposal, Inc. (PC-CAND). This collection should be of interest to those researching any aspect of nuclear waste disposal.
Dates: circa 1969-1987
Scope and Contents The James Earl Price Mississippi History Collection is comprised of diverse materials and subject matter.
Scope and Contents Organizational records of the Association of American Railroads; the Gulf, Mobile, and Ohio Railroad; the Mississippi Central Railroad; and the Illinois Central.
Dates: circa 1850-1967
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Dates: circa 1996-2003
Abstract The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Dates: 1900s; 1940s–1950s; Majority of material found within 1960s–2010s; Undated
Abstract Notebooks kept by Mr. M. James Stevens, "Mr. History" of the Mississippi Gulf Coast and the first northern-born (New Jersey) president of the Mississippi Historical Society. He was the first recipient of the Society's Dunbar Rowland Award for his efforts to preserve history. The notebooks contain typed transcriptions of newspaper accounts and other source information that Mr. Stevens gathered on many subjects of Gulf Coast and Mississippi history. Also included in the collection are maps and...
Dates: circa 1550-1987
Abstract Materials documenting Zeman's activities as a Freedom Summer 1964 volunteer in Clarksdale, Mississippi.
Dates: circa 1962-2002
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 14
- Records (Documents). 13
- Letter. 12
- Periodicals. 10
- Photographs. 10
- Memorabilia. 9
- Brochures. 7
- Fliers (Ephemera). 7
- Programs (Publications). 7
- Books. 5
- Calendar. 5
- Government publications. 5
- Mississippi. 5
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 4
- Financial documents. 4
- Manuscript. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Posters. 4 ∧ less
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Cochran, Thad, Senator, 1937- 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Dyck, Lionel, Jr. 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Glass, Jinny (Virginia Katharine Glass), 1943-1965 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Illinois Central Railroad Company. IC (1851–1999) 1
- Johnson, Dorothy (Dot) Power 1
- Johnson, Johnson, Paul B., Jr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1916-1985 1
- Johnson, Paul B., Sr., Governor (Paul Burney), 1880-1943 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lott, Trent, Senator, 1941- 1 ∧ less