Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Charles F. Heartman Papers
Prieur Jay Higginbotham Papers
The collection contains information concerning the personal and professional life of Jay Higginbotham. Items range from such things as personal correspondence to biographical information to his list of works.
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Maude Leet Prenshaw Papers
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Ray M. Thompson Papers
Literary manuscripts, publications files, photographs, news clippings of this popular Gulf Coast newspaper columnist.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Letter. 11
- Records (Documents). 9
- Brochures. 6
- Essay. 6
- Financial documents. 6
- Newsletters. 6
- Poetry. 6
- Books. 5
- Legal forms. 5
- Posters. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Map. 4
- Memorabilia. 4
- Newspapers. 4
- Political campaigns. 4 + ∧ less
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Heartman, Charles F. (Charles Frederick), 1883-1953 1
- Higginbotham, Jay (Prieur Jay), 1937- 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 + ∧ less