Showing Collections: 31 - 42 of 42
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Ronald C. "Ronnie" Shows Papers
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Stovall Family Collection
The Stovall Family Association records and research material.
Tung Oil Research and Development Collection
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
Daisy Harris Wade Papers
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dr. Leon A. Wilber Collection
Publications produced by Dr. Leon Wilber.
William H. and Sallie J. Hardy Papers
Letters written during the Civil War from Hardy to his first wife Sallie Ann Johnson Hardy, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other family materials.
William Arthur Winstead Papers
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
Matthew Zwerling Freedom Summer Collection
Mathew Zwerling was a volunteer from New York during Mississippi Freedom Summer in 1964.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 37
- Records (Documents). 32
- Brochures. 21
- Albums (Books). 20
- Memorabilia. 20
- Newsletters. 19
- Books. 17
- Programs (Publications). 17
- Financial documents. 15
- Awards. 14
- Speech. 14
- Postcards. 12
- Greeting cards. 11
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 11
- Manuscript. 11
- Certificates. 10
- Civil rights. 10 + ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, Don 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Branton, Harold M., Lt. Colonel (Harold Matthew) (1921-2012) 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Colmer, William Meyers, Congressman, 1890-1980 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1 + ∧ less