Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Original and printed materials accumulated by the state director of the White Folks Project, a part of Freedom Summer 1964; includes tape of recent interview with sister of WFP volunteer Sam Shirah; Photocopy of “Poor Whites and the Movement, A Working Paper.”
Materials relating to the Civil Rights activities of S.N.C.C. field secretary who served as Project Manager of the COFO-Hattiesburg Project office during Freedom Summer.
Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Brochures. 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 4
- Letter. 4
- Mississippi Freedom Democratic Party. 4
- Newsletters. 4
- Records (Documents). 4
- Civil rights movements -- Mississippi -- History -- 20th century. 3
- Minutes (Records). 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Audiocassettes. 2
- Compact discs. 2
- Congress of Racial Equality. 2
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 2
- Diaries. 2 + ∧ less
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Carmichael, Stokely (Stokely Standiford Churchill), 1941-1998 1
- Goodman, Andrew, 1943-1964 1
- Hamlett, Ed, 1939- 1
- Kennard, Clyde, 1927-1963 1