Showing Collections: 31 - 41 of 41
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
Dr. William K. Scarborough is the author of several publications. These include The Overseer: Plantation Management in the Old South, The Diary of Edmund Ruffin, Masters of the Big House: Elite Slaveholders of the Mid-Nineteenth Century South, and The Allston’s of Chicora Wood: Wealth, Honor, and Gentility in the South Carolina Low Country.
This collection is comprised of materials that document various aspects of Ronnie Shows' service as a United States Congressman from Mississippi's Fourth District (1998-2002). This collection should be of interest to anyone researching government at the national level.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
The Stovall Family Association records and research material.
Correspondence, laboratory notes, research notes, reports, newsletters, business records, photographs, and journal articles.
Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
The William Arthur Winstead Papers include scrapbooks, newspaper reports, proposed legislation, and other miscellaneous records concerning Rep. William Arthur Winstead, who served in the United States’ House of Representatives from 1943-1965. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers studying twentieth-century political history, Mississippi politicians, University of Southern Mississippi alumnae, and the Civil Rights Movement.
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 37
- Photographs. 32
- Newsletters. 23
- Brochures. 20
- Memorabilia. 19
- Programs (Publications). 18
- Albums (Books). 16
- Books. 15
- Speech. 15
- Financial documents. 14
- Awards. 13
- Map. 12
- Manuscript. 11
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 11
- Certificates. 10
- Fliers (Ephemera). 10
- Government publications. 10 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- 103d Infantry Division Association of World War II. 2
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 2
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 2
- Hattiesburg High School. 2
- Lucas, Aubrey K., Dr., 6th President and current President Emeritus of the University of Southern Mississippi (Aubrey Keith) 2
- Ogletree, Powell G. 2
- Stennis, John C., Senator (John Cornelius), 1901-1995 2
- Thames, Shelby Freeland, 8th President and Professor Emeritus of Polymer Science and Engineering 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Allain, Bill, 59th Governor of Mississippi (William Alexander), 1928-2013 1
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- American Tung Oil Association 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bishop, Don 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1 ∧ less