Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
David C. Berry, Jr. Papers
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
William T. Brannon Papers
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Cherry Burns Collection
Materials from Cherry Burns’ world travels.
Will D. Campbell Papers
Literary manuscripts and office files of this Mississippi born author and Civil Rights activist.
Charles Davis Papers
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
John Donne Variorum Papers
Kenneth G. McCarty Papers
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Neil R. McMillen Collection
Peggy W. Prenshaw Collection
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
James A. Riley Collection of Mississippi Documents, Newspapers, and Letters
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Stephen C. Rose Papers
The Stephen C. Rose papers include a broad range of materials spanning a significant portion of Mr. Rose’s life. His relations with Will D. Campbell and his participation in the SCLC’s Student Interracial Ministry project should be of interest to researchers of civil rights activities in the southern United States. The collection is divided into three series, two of which contain several subseries.
John Ray Skates / History of the Mississippi Supreme Court Research Collection
Research for his book, A History of the Mississippi Supreme Court, 1817-1948.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
M. James Stevens Mississippi and Gulf Coast Research Collection
Thomas Daniel Young Papers
This collection contains correspondence, research materials, drafts, and lectures by the author or editor of a dozen books about Southern literature.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 13
- Letter. 11
- Photographs. 9
- Newsletters. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 7
- Financial documents. 6
- Poetry. 6
- Books. 5
- Brochures. 5
- Essay. 5
- Fliers (Ephemera). 5
- Legal forms. 5
- Map. 5
- Posters. 5
- Programs (Publications). 5
- Memorabilia. 4
- Mississippi. 4 + ∧ less
- Campbell, Will D., 1924-2003 2
- Committee of Southern Churchmen. 2
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Burns , Cherry Lou Fellner , 1926- 1
- Clayton, Al, 1934-2014 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1 + ∧ less