Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The David C. Berry, Jr. Papers include the correspondence, drafted writings, and publications of USM professor and poet David C. Berry. This collection would be of particular interest to researchers focusing on the writing process or studying university professorships and family life in the late twentieth and early twenty-first centuries. Topics in Berry’s poetry include the Vietnam War, marriage, divorce, and religion.
In 1971, William Brannon donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of magazines, manuscripts, and correspondence related to the writer’s career as both a staff and freelance writer whose work appeared in many publications.
Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
In 1989, Peggy Prenshaw donated materials to the University of Southern Mississippi Archives. The collection largely consists of papers related to her scholarship on Mississippi authors Eudora Welty and Elizabeth Spencer while a professor at USM. Also included are publications about women and women’s studies in academia.
Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Research for his book, A History of the Mississippi Supreme Court, 1817-1948.
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 10
- Letter. 8
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Faculty. 7
- Photographs. 6
- Financial documents. 5
- Newsletters. 5
- Brochures. 4
- Fliers (Ephemera). 4
- Legal forms. 4
- Map. 4
- Mississippi. 4
- Poetry. 4
- Political campaigns. 4
- Posters. 4
- Authors -- Mississippi. 3
- Authors. 3
- Books. 3 ∧ less
- American Nazi Party. ANP (1959-) 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, D. C., Jr. (David Chapman), 1942- 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Bishop, John Peale, 1892-1944 1
- Brannon, W. T. (William Tibbetts), 1906-1981 1
- Cowley, Malcolm, 1898-1989 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davidson, Donald, 1893-1968 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Hattiesburg High School. 1
- Kentucky and Tennessee Railway. K&T (1902-1904) 1
- L.N. Dantzler Lumber Co. (Moss Point, Miss.) (1888-1966) 1
- Lanier, Sidney, 1842-1881 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Lytle, Andrew Nelson, 1902-1995 1 ∧ less