Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Abstract Materials relating to her life-time of civil rights and human rights activities.
Dates: circa 1938-2000
Scope and Contents This collection contains correspondence, photographs, and other memorabilia relating to the life and career of Dr. John Calvin Berry, the first African American faculty member at the University of Southern Mississippi.
Abstract Family photographs and materials documenting the Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
Dates: Majority of material found within circa 1960s; 1995
Abstract Materials documenting activities of African-American political activist in Hattiesburg,
Form of Material A variety of scrapbooks, newspapers, periodicals, brochures relating to Henry Clinton “Clint” Dellinger (circa 1920-2015).
Abstract Bulletins, Sunday School planners, brochures, flyers of this Hattiesburg, Mississippi church.
Abstract The Edythe Evely Gandy Collection contains Gandy family materials, historical manuscript materials, photographs, films, and memorabilia.
Abstract This collection contains materials related to Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Sr. and Arthur Lavonne Gilmore, Jr.
Abstract This collection contains historical materials and various publications.
Form of Material Photographs, artifacts, and memorabilia from Hattiesburg area businesses and others.
Dates: 1926-1956, 1976, 2006-2014 and undated
Abstract Post cards, correspondence, printed items, photos, and other memorabilia collected by this long time Hattiesburg resident.
Dates: circa 1910-2010
Abstract This collection contains records, notes, photographs, and publications.
Abstract Business records of a Hattiesburg, Mississippi department store.
Abstract This collection contains historical materials, children’s books, and various magazines.
Abstract Photographs taken by creative artist at SNCC orientation session and in Hattiesburg, Mississippi during Freedom Summer, materials documenting USM's commemoration of the 35th anniversary of Freedom Summer on June 5-7, 1999 in conjunction with the opening of the exhibit "Faces of Freedom Summer: The Photographs of Herbert Randall", and materials related to the book Faces of Freedom Summer.
Scope and Contents Large collection of books, printed material, and memorabilia related to Mississippi and other subjects.
Dates: 1646-to date
Abstract The collection contains memorabilia from Barbara Byrd Smith, class of 1954 Mississippi Southern College, from her 1952-53 school year.
Abstract Materials documenting the work of 1960s Forrest County N.A.A.C.P. leaders J.C. Fairley and Daisy Harris.
Dates: circa 1939-2011
Scope and Contents Letters written during the Civil War from Hardy to his first wife Sallie Ann Johnson Hardy, photographs, newspaper clippings, and other family materials.
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 17
- Photographs. 15
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 14
- Letter. 13
- Records (Documents). 13
- Brochures. 12
- Albums (Books). 11
- Programs (Publications). 11
- Financial documents. 8
- Fliers (Ephemera). 8
- Memorabilia. 8
- Books. 6
- Diplomas. 6
- Newsletters. 6
- Political campaigns. 6
- Postcards. 6
- Posters. 6
- University of Southern Mississippi -- Students. 6
- Certificates. 5 ∧ less
- Hattiesburg High School. 3
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Association of American Railroads. AAR (1934-) 1
- Berry, John Calvin, Dr., 1925-2013 1
- Bilbo, Theodore Gilmore, Governor, 1877-1947 1
- Branch, Raylawni G., 1941- 1
- Cook, R.C., Dr., 4th President of Mississippi Southern College (now the University of Southern Mississippi) (Robert Cecil), 1903-1979 1
- Dahmer, Vernon Ferdinand, 1908-1966 1
- Davis, Charles L., 1943-2016 1
- Demonstration School (Hattiesburg, Miss.) (1926-1963) 1
- Evers, Medgar Wiley, 1925-1963 1
- Fernwood, Columbia, and Gulf (Railroad). FC&G (1920-1972) 1
- Foote, Henry S. (Henry Stuart), Governor, 1804-1880 1
- Gandy, Evelyn, 26th Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi (Edythe Evelyn), 1920-2007 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Jr., 1922-2015 1
- Gilmore, Arthur Lavonne, Sr., 1897-1974 1
- Gonzales,, John Edmond, Dr., 1924-2004 1
- Gulf, Mobile and Ohio Railroad Company. GM & O (1938-1972) 1
- H. Weston Lumber Co. (Logtown, Miss.) 1
- Hardy, Sallie Ann Johnson, 1843-1872 1 ∧ less