Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Anthony J. Harris Civil Rights Memoir
Memoir of his arrest as a child for picketing the Forrest County Courthouse during the Civil Rights Movement.
Mamie Lee Phillips Civil Rights Memoir
Her memories of housing Civil Rights workers in Hattiesburg, Mississippi, in the 1960s.
Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection
The Henry and Sue [Lorenzi] Sojourner Civil Rights Movement Collection contains a vast array of materials from during and after the [Lorenzi] Sojourner’s time in Holmes County, Mississippi, during the Freedom Summer of 1964. This collection would be of interest to researchers studying the Civil Rights Movement, Mississippi history, and Freedom Summer.
Susan Hasalo Sojourner Collection
Materials cover the feminist movement, a farm co-op, and Sue’s artistic endeavors.
Lawrence D. Spears Civil Rights Collection
Materials about the assault of civil rights workers Lawrence Spears, David Owen, and Rabbi Arthur Lelyveld in Hattiesburg, Mississippi on July 10, 1964.
Klaus & Elisabeth C. Speer Papers
Personal diaries of Elisabeth Speer, family Christmas letters, and scrapbook of newspaper clippings concerning Civil Rights Movement in Mississippi.
- Civil rights workers -- Mississippi. 5
- Letter. 4
- Albums (Books). 3
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.). 3
- Hattiesburg (Miss.). 3
- Memoir. 3
- Mississippi Freedom Project. 3
- Records (Documents). 3
- Voting. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Artists. 2
- Brochures. 2
- Campaign buttons. 2
- Council of Federated Organizations (U.S.). 2
- Diaries. 2
- Essay. 2
- Holmes County (Miss.). 2 + ∧ less
- Lelyveld, Arthur J., Rabbi, 1913-1996 2
- Sojourner, Sue [Lorenzi] (Susan Sadoff Lorenzi Hasalo), 1941-2020 2
- Adams, Victoria Gray, 1926-2006 1
- Beech, Bob, Reverend (Robert L.), -2008 1
- Ben-Ami, David Z., Rabbi, 1924-2008 1
- Hamer, Fannie Lou, 1917-1977 1
- Harris, Anthony J., Dr. (Anthony Jerome), 1953- 1
- Hattiesburg (Miss.) Public Schools. 1
- Lorenzi, Henry ([Lorenzi] Sojourner), -1982 1
- Owen, David 1
- Phillips, Mamie Lee Banks, 1914- 1
- Spears, Lawrence "Larry" D. 1
- United States. Federal Bureau of Investigation. FBI 1 + ∧ less